Welcome to Invicta Distro!
This shop is still under construction. Please be patient, and came back in a couple of days.
You can always contact me if you'd like to say hello ;-)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Updates


Site Updates:

Last Update: 2010/03/28

[The web-browser I was working on to update this was driving me crazy, being way too slow and making my computer act weird too. After a few small changes, it seems to be working better now, so let's see if I can move on to write the important stuff!]

Since I've been getting a few emails asking for info on sending zines for distro consideration, I want to hurry up and make the Submission Guidelines page available as fast as possible, and also provide it with the info the distro needs when you wish to submit a zine (or other item) for consideration. Hopefully I'll get that done tonight!

Almost everyday I'm learning new things about running a distro, and I'm always trying to find more ways to run this more efficiently, thus making it easier to keep the "paper work" more organized.

Some news on the Catalog this time, finally I say! Which makes us all much happier ;-)
The Books are coming out easier than zines, but that's just the way it goes... If you're interested about any of the books mentioned below, be sure to get in touch with us as soon as possible, so we can work on a pre-order/reservation to stock them for you!



Catalog Updates:

Coming Soon:
Books: «Kaleidoscope» by Suzanne Simanaitis, Keri Smith's books; «The Artist's Way» by Julia Cameron; «The Last Lonely Saturday» by Jordan Crane; «Papercut Heart: a book of zines» Ian Sullivan Cant; «Indie Publishing» and «DIY: Design it Yourself», by Ellen Lupton; and other books about Zines, the zine world and other topics. Stay tuned!
Other books about zines: «Whatcha Mean, What's a Zine?» by Esther Pearl Watson and Mark Todd; «Zines» by Liz Farrelly, Michael Dorrian and David Recchia; «Notes from Underground» by Stephen Duncombe.

Zines: a few zines will be arriving the next 2 weeks; we're also waiting for the postman to bring us a couple of zines sent for distro consideration. Still, the catalog needs more zines, like your zine! So don't be shy and send me your zine for consideration! Thank you :)

Everything else: some nice buttons will be arriving within the next 2 weeks, yey! But I'm still looking for other zine/reading related buttons and also other buttons "about" the zine topics I'm interested in having in the catalog. Some stickers will be available, hopefully during next April, but if you make stickers yourself and have wholesale prices for distros, feel free to get in touch! Same goes if you make buttons or magnets!

No comments:

Post a Comment