Welcome to Invicta Distro!
This shop is still under construction. Please be patient, and came back in a couple of days.
You can always contact me if you'd like to say hello ;-)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Monday, April 5, 2010

Updates


Site Updates:

Last Update: 2010/04/05

In the last days I "updated" the Zine Topics page, adding a couple more topics: short fiction, creative non-fiction, for literary zines; and zines history, collecting & zine reviews, since there are some zines that I'm planning to get for the catalog and that are specifically about such topics. Also, I think it's useful to have some "info zines" about the history of zines themselves, for any newcomer into this world wanting to know more about where zines come from and tips on collecting & preserving zines.
Zines that focus on reviewing other zines aren't exactly a type of zines I'm aiming to get in the catalog frequently, but having one or two titles of such zines can also be useful as a starting guide for anyone new to zines.

Went a little further ahead on the queer/trans zines, adding intersex, since I've seen this issue come up more frequently lately, even on mainstream media, so it's important to give voice to this (not so) new issue.
I edited the vegan zines topic, to become more comprehensively and try to focus on vegan lifestyle, also tips for vegan cooking & recipes.



Catalog Updates:

Coming Soon:
Zines coming soon: Leningrad, Marbles, Mélange #2, Larry #1 and #2, and some issues of Brainscan.
Zines received for consideration: I'm waiting for the postman (or postlady!). But, as you can see, the catalog obviously needs more zines, like your zine! So don't be shy and send me your zine for consideration! Thank you :)

Books
Books about Zines - how-to make a zine, zine history & evolution: «Stolen Sharpie Revolution #2» by Alex Wrekk, «Whatcha Mean, What's a Zine?» by Esther Pearl Watson and Mark Todd, «Zines» by Liz Farrelly, Michael Dorrian and David Recchia, «Notes from Underground» by Stephen Duncombe, «Indie Publishing» and «DIY: Design it Yourself», by Ellen Lupton; and other books about Zines & the zine world.
Art history & women's gender studies: «Women Artists», by Uta Grosenick; «Women, Art, and Society», by Whitney Chadwick.
Other topics focusing on developing your creativity & exploring new writing/artistic techiques: «Kaleidoscope» by Suzanne Simanaitis, Keri Smith's books; «The Artist's Way» by Julia Cameron.
Comics books & Graphic novels: «The Last Lonely Saturday» by Jordan Crane, «Papercut Heart: a book of zines» by Ian Sullivan Cant.
Remember, if you're interested about any of the books mentioned above, be sure to get in touch with me as soon as possible, so I can work on a pre-order/reservation to stock them for you!

Everything else: the buttons I was expecting for this week arrived earlier, last week, so that was really cool! I'll try scanning them and hopefully that will give me some good images, since photographing buttons is one of the hardest things I've ever tried to do and didn't quite succeed. I've tried my luck at ordering/making a custom button, and it turned out quite good, so I'll be doing that again in the near future, and maybe even get some "exclusive designs" for the distro ;-)
In the meantime, I'm still looking for other zine/reading related buttons and also other buttons "about" the zine topics I'm interested in having in the catalog. Some stickers will be available, but if you make stickers yourself and have wholesale prices for distros, feel free to get in touch! Same goes if you make buttons, magnets, and bookmarks!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment